· 110g softened butter
· 110g soft light brown sugar
· 50g crunchy peanut butter
· 1 large egg
· 275g plain flour
· 220g dark / milk chocolate (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 190C/375F/Gas Mark 5. Line 2 baking sheets with liners
2. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in the peanut butter and the egg, then fold in the flour.
3. Take 50g of the chocolate and smash it into little chunks (use a small freezer bag to save on mess!) and knead them into the dough. Take little blobs of the dough, form into a ball and then flatten them into biscuit shapes. Place on the lined baking sheets.
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden. Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool.
5. Optional chocolate topping break the remaining chocolate into little pieces and melt in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water (do not let the base of the bowl touch the water). Use a spoon to drizzle the melted chocolate over the cold biscuits. Leave the chocolate to set and harden.